Friday 20 June 2014

BIRCHBOX JUNE 2014 - THE ONE BOX TO RULE THEM ALL

Yeah, so I signed up for the Beauty Blender. I know nothing's guaranteed in terms of which items you'll get, but given that I also found a £5 discount voucher bringing the whole box to £7.95 with P&P, it wasn't going to be the end of the world if I didn't open up that box and find that oh-so coveted pink sponge inside.

BUT IT'S OKAY


There she be, gently nestled in her den.

I've liked the concept of beauty boxes for some time, but they just always seemed so hit and miss that I didn't want to waste the little money to my name on something that could be full of junk. However, the products on offer this month were just too good to pass up, so I bit the beauty box bullet - good choice, me.

Obviously the Beauty Blender was the big item for this months Birchbox - with a full retail price of £26 (blender + cleaning soap), I dare say it's a downright (albeit not guaranteed) bargain. However, the blender is far from the only great item available this month. 


This box is strong, yo. The only item I'm not mad about is the Naobay body lotion - but it's not bad, just very nondescript. Like most body lotions to me, really. Plus it has a smell that screams medicinal-meets-spice rack to me, which isn't exactly my #1 choice of scents. That minor downer aside, LOOK AT THEM GOODIES
  • Caudalie Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid. Admittedly, the name of this product alone gave me no freakin' clue as to what it actually was, but a little read up lead me to the assumption that it's along the same lines as the Clarins Flash Beauty Balm, which I LOVE. It claims to boost radiance, even out the complexion, reduce dark spots and offer hydration. It can also be used as a primer, or alone without makeup. So yes - Clarins FBB to a tee! I don't often go without foundation or a BB cream, but this did make my skin look fresh, even, and with a lovely sort of 'just cleansed' glow. I'm intrigued to try out its capabilities as a primer too, since I'm on the look out for a new one!
  • OPI Nail polish from the Brazil Collection. What can I say? FREE OPI! I'm a nail polish junkie and even though yellow wouldn't usually be my first choice, it's a great summer colour and it's nice to have something that isn't particularly similar to any other polishes I own. Plus the OPI minis are a brilliant size for travelling!
  • theBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? palette sample - shade 'Pie'. AHHHH MORE ADORABLE TINY GOODIES! Nothing puts me in full blown girl mode like a miniature cosmetic - and as a bonus to being adorable, it's actually a great product. I've been wanting to try a cream blush for a while but I find choosing blushes to be a strangely difficult affair, so having one chosen for me is a bonus in itself. Gloriously creamy and pigmented, a little of this goes a long way! This (and the full size palette) are suitable for use on cheeks and lips, though I've only tried it on the former so far. I'm in love though, and definitely considering picking up the full size version already!
  • Birchbox 'Brazil Inspired Keyring'. Yeah, not many ways to describe this, but I'm a sucker for a keyring and this baby's going straight on my keys.. when I find them. Currently missing for 12 hours. WHOOPS
This is a fantastic little kit and a total steal for the £7.95 I paid. I would've reeeeeeeeeeeally liked to give the Caudalie Divine Oil a go as well, but I'm chuffed with the alternatives at least. I was initially going to just get the one box but I think I'll hold out for next months to see how it compares - though it has a huge likelihood of being quite a disappointment compared to this I think!

Sign up for your Birchbox at https://birchbox.co.uk/, and don't forget - as with any online purchase, search around for discount codes and save them pennies (..for more goodies! or food, but whatever)!


No comments:

Post a Comment