Thursday 17 July 2014

GETTING BRONZED - MANI EDITION



Summer is the season of bronzed and beautiful skin.. unless you're me. Looking preeeetty nasty pale over here. But bronze is beautiful in other forms too - I've been loving the Rimmel shadowstick in Bad Girl Bronze recently, and the metallic browns and golds of the Urban Decay Naked palettes have been long time favourites. So why not bring this metallic lovin' to the nail game? Enter, OPI's A Woman's Prague-ative.







Ok, so it's probably more on the copper end of matters - though I feel it photographs more red than it appears in person. It's a truly beautiful shade, and while at first I thought it felt a little autumnal, it's got a very summery quality about too - sunsets reflecting on tropical seas, and all that. And when the sun hits it - oh my. That shimmer cray. I applied it over a coat of Orly's 'Country Club Khaki', and got an even finish in two coats (with a coat of Sally Hansens Insta-dri for good measure. MA FAVE).

 I love OPI polishes, but they don't make their way in to my collection too often since they tend to exceed my self imposed limit of £5 per polish. They do crop up for considerably more palatable prices than the £11.50 RRP though - this little beauty came from TKMaxx for £3.99! Bargains. My local TKMaxx has been stocking OPI sets for some time now, but has only recently started selling single polishes too. Tres excite. Another good source for OPI (amongst others, including Essie and Ciate) is Fragrance Direct. I've been a BIIIIIG FD fan for some time, but they're now sporting a revamped website and a tonne of new colours to boot - it's definitely worth an oogle if you're a bit of a polish glutton. In fact, I may have put in an order for another 8 new polishes recently.. so more polish posts on the horizon I guess! On a side note, how excellent are OPIs shade names? They never seem to run out of fresh ideas, and they always tie in so well with their collection.

What's your favourite OPI shade? I mean, it's not like my addiction needs facilitating any further.. but what's a few more bottles?!

No comments:

Post a Comment